Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A fresh start :)

After a three year hiatus, I am back! Things have changed since the last time I updated my profile on blogger.
1. I have grown older: three years - numerically, twenty - physically and a Benjamin Buttonesque five years younger - mentally :)
2. I have spent a fortune on an MBA and am slowly gambling my way back to get back into the green. Trust me, the lottery never works.
3. I live in a small town in the US and am preparing to move to an even smaller town in the coming month. As hard as I may try, I can never use the pick-up line "Graamamum cooku, naanum cooku" because (a) you don't get to meet single women who know Tamil in small towns of America and (b) why bother with (b), (a) is reason enough.
4. I have been elevated to the status of an 'uncle' a couple of months ago courtesy of my lovely sister Sandhya and my awesome BIL, Karthik. Of course, I have enjoyed this status for the past two years thanks to my dashing looks and sarcastic friends.

Key projects that I am looking forward to for the remainder of the year include:
1. Continue writing.
2. Running a marathon/half-marathon in summer.
3. Resuming serious cricket and
4. Holding on to my job in this Omaha beach of an economy.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Good going bro...Keep the words flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I was following your previous blog courtesy Suze and it is nice to see a fellow blogger in action again. Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sands!
    Miss K: Glad to see you here...welcome! :) Who is Suze?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so avaloo vetti aa irruke nee... blog laam resume panne arambichutey...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yais yais! Extremely vetti indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... Do u know a sujata santhanakrishnan from chennai? Engg, IIM A. I think its from her blog that I found yours... anyways.. the name is Kamya! "The K! Konnection" was just a bad pen name for the lack of anything better striking me at that time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I thought MBA's were supposed to be busy bodies :P or is it that they just act the part really well?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hey! Welcome back... I've made a resolution to try and be more of a regular blogger this year but lets see! More and more people blogging is surely more reason for motivation. :-) Look forward to reading some of the usual vetti fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kamya: I am not sure I know your friend, but the name sounds familiar! And yes, the inside truth is that business school is actually an acting school where one learns to act like they know everything...
    Preethz: Ditto! Let the vetti fun begin :)

    ReplyDelete